|MPISD Department of Transportation
Steven OShoney - Transportation Director
Bus Procedures and Safety Rules
Bus rules are in place to keep students and adults on the bus safe throughout the journey, no matter how long it might be.
* Observe same conduct as in the classroom
* Get on and off the bus one at a time
* Stay in your seat and face forward
* Talk quietly with your friends
* Remain in your assigned seat until time to exit bus
* Keep your head, hands and feet inside the bus
* Never throw things or put anything out the window
* Keep the aisles clear
* Avoid eating or drinking while on the bus, keep the bus clean
* Tell your parents, teacher or bus driver if you or other students are bullied
* Follow all rules in the MPISD Student Code of Conduct, as well as safety rules established by the driver
Safety a Priority at Mt. Pleasant ISD
|The safety of students and employees is a priority for Mount Pleasant Independent School District. That’s why safety training is an ongoing process throughout the year for the district, whether school is in session or not.
This summer Gary Fitzgerald from Claims Administrative Services, spent a day with MPISD Maintenance and Custodial employees discussing and demonstrating “Safety on the Job”.
The week before students returned to classes, all bus drivers, including coaches who drive teams to games, had the first of monthly safety meetings. Drivers were updated on many topics emphasizing the safety of all students. Presenters included: (Former) Transportation Director Ois Kennington, MPISD Police Chief Ronnie Humphrey and other district administration.