Welcome to The Head Start / Early Head Start Center
We ensure that families are provided with relevant educational, health, economic, and social benefits.
The staff of the Child Development Center have accepted the responsibility of delivering a quality program for all children and families who are enrolled in the Mount Pleasant Independent School District Head Start/Early Head Start program. We enthusiastically accept and deliver the program’s mission each day.
Since the inception of the MPISD early childhood program, hard work and achievement have been the foundation for success. Aggressive goal setting, competing for discretionary grant funds, and determined people have also contributed to the many achievements. Some of the outstanding achievements are below.
- Development of a birth-to-five program for Titus County.
- Texas Rising Star (Four Star Provider).
- Exception-free annual audits for life of the Head Start/EHS grant.
- Implementation of 2 Texas Family Literacy projects.
- Acquisition and implementation of two Department of Education Early Reading First projects, span-ning over 8 years.
- Participation and training in the I’m Moving I’m Learning program.
- Pre-Kindergarten Early Start grant project (PKES) Tier II.
- Texas Early Education Model Rural Initiative (TEEM)—Lead Agency and participant; currently, the Texas School Readiness (TSR!) Texas School Ready! certified Center.
- Development of 39 working partnerships with local community.
- Active participant in the Food4Kids Backpack Club.
- Active member and recipient of Titus County Cares resources.
- Grantee for the Books for Ownership program through Reading is Fundamental (RIF) for 13 years.
- Grantee for the Bushel and First Book programs.
- Recipient of Texas High-Quality Pre K grant
- We implemented Conscious Discipline on our Campus with great success.
Educational and employment opportunities are offered by the Mount Pleasant Independent School district without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. Oportunidades educacionales y de empleo se ofrecen por la Mesa Directiva del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Mount Pleasant sin tomar en consideración raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, edad o incapacidades.
Students, teachers and other district employees participate in drills of emergency procedures with the cooperation of the local city law enforcement.